Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Growth, maybe?

I think I need to get myself into the habit of writing more often.

Anyway,

I'm beginning to realize the different aspects of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it can be realized as a whole.

Or something like that.

A while ago I discovered the Gospel. What it was, how it worked, what it meant. It was a great discovery. It changed a lot...inspired a lot. But as far as I understood it, it was solely through preaching. Through the truth of scripture and scripture being taught. I thought it was just something that had to rely on being heard and brought to life through words, a message, a sermon.

But..what about when the sermon is over? What about where words can't be spoken? What exists then?

Simply trying to lead them to a place where they can re-listen to the words once more to make it more real? A never ending cycle to get back to one aspect though we're living on multiple sides.

Imbalance?

Maybe there's more to the Gospel.

I've come to find out that any born again christian can listen to as many messages as they want but there will still be something missing. God has put many things in place for his people so that they may be filled and live in the Gospel of Christ.

The Gospel should not only be heard, but lived out; shared with others; brought to life. It's more like a prism..rather than a simple flashlight. ..or something.

Anyway, to the point, you can have all the facts down, but don't disregard the rest of what God has put in place just for us to grow.

It's late and my brain isn't working how I would like it to be..


Choppy Thought Processing.

No comments: